What are the different types of CBD? If you’re unfamiliar with the many forms of CBD products, it may be difficult to know where to start. If most of your information up until now has been secondhand, you may want to ask what is the difference between full spectrum and broad spectrum CBD or where to find different types of CBD oil, but if you aren’t completely sure what these terms mean, trying to decipher the answers may make your head spin.
CBD products have grown in popularity in the health and wellness business with their new varieties and form. While searching for the best CBD store near you, you may find many items with intriguing names and benefits. Perhaps you need a more in-depth look at the types of CBD products without all of the fancy terms and colors, or you may be curious to learn more about them.
Who are we, and what qualifies us to tell you about some of the best CBD products in Kansas? KC Hemp Co.® is a local retailer that prides itself on maintaining a wide variety of high-quality CBD products delivered straight to your door. If you are in the market for delta 9 gummies, tinctures, lotions or other CBD products in Kansas, we can help! We can also answer any questions you may have about your health and safety while trying new CBD products.
This guide will walk you through the many forms of CBD and help you brush up on your knowledge, whether you're actively seeking out new products or simply curious and browsing for your entertainment.
Cannabidiol, or CBD, makes up almost half of the extract found in the cannabis plant. CBD is not to be confused with THC, which is the primary psychoactive compound found in marijuana. THC is what causes the physical "high" feeling associated with marijuana consumption.
On its own, CBD does not contain the psychoactive properties associated with THC. As they differ chemically, their psychoactive effects oppose one another. However, their medical benefits are similar and can help to cure certain conditions and ailments.
There are many benefits to CBD products with and without THC; you don’t need to experience a high if you would prefer to avoid one, but there are certainly options you can investigate if you do. We’ll review the benefits in the guide and the best products for each. Here are just a few benefits associated with some of our CBD products:
- CBD can be used to help alleviate symptoms of depression and anxiety
- Can aid in helping the effects of sleeping disorders and potentially provide better sleep
- Relief from long term nagging pain
- May provide help to those with attention deficit disorders
The forms of CBD that may be most beneficial to you will vary depending on which variant you prefer.
Types of CBD Products
Products containing cannabidiol, or CBD, are one of the most prevalent compounds identified in the cannabis plant. CBD products come in various forms, whether edible or used for external purposes.
- Oils and tinctures
- Gels, lotions or salves
You may ask:
- What are the different types of CBD products?
- Are there different types of CBD oils?
- And where you can find the best CBD market nearby
In this guide, we will review the benefits and distinctions between these products to see which will work best for you.
Full Spectrum vs. Broad Spectrum CBD
So, what is the difference between full spectrum and broad spectrum CBD? Full spectrum CBD differs from broad spectrum CBD in its amount of traces of THC. On a federal level, these two products' main distinction is how much THC may be in each product.
Full Spectrum CBD
Our variety of full-spectrum products ranges from terpenes and oils to oral capsules. Although full spectrum products will have a minimal amount of THC—meaning there is too little to cause a euphoric effect–it may still be common to experience a residual high or an entourage effect that can lead to a mood-enhancing experience. We recommend these products:
- Full spectrum tinctures
- CBD full spectrum oil
- CBD capsules
Full spectrum CBD products will also include other minor cannabinoids such as CBDa, CBG, and CBN, which all have a range of benefits and effects.
Broad Spectrum CBD
Broad Spectrum CBD gives you incredible benefits without the THC. These products are ideal for those who either do not want the THC in their system or may have a drug test. Broad spectrum CBD is the best alternative for those purely seeking medical benefits without any THC, due to high sensitivity, or occupational drug testing.
We offer an organic CBD tincture oil in a natural and mint-flavored option. They can be consumed orally and then slowly worked up to a higher tolerance for your body, and you can begin to adjust the milligram dosage to your liking. These tinctures can also be added into your favorite food recipes to make your own edibles, like our family fall favorite CBD infused Haystacks.
How Do They Differ?
According to medical reports, "a full-spectrum product will contain all of the natural compounds in the cannabis plant, including thc. However, THC levels must be no more than 0.3% to comply with Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulation on full-spectrum CBD products." Any amount of THC over 0.3% will go against federal regulations.
In comparison, "broad-spectrum products contain natural compounds of the cannabis plant. However, while manufacturers remove all or most of the THC in broad-spectrum CBD, it may still be present in trace amounts." Keep in mind that although the broad spectrum seeks to remove all traces of THC, it can still be a factor. If having any amount of THC concerns you, be sure to pick a product that is lab tested so you can verify the cannabinoids present. At KC Hemp Co.® we lab test each and every batch to ensure our broad spectrum CBD products remain THC-free.
However, both products can be easily accessible. Where you may find full-spectrum oil, there will also be broad-spectrum products. Due to full-spectrum products having under 0.3% of THC, be sure to take this product in correlation with your preferred tolerance. If you are more sensitive to THC, we recommend broad-spectrum products unless you require the added benefits of THC.
Our Types of CBD Products
Our collection contains many forms of CBD products ranging in purpose, usage, and benefits. Some of our best CBD products include pain relief lotions, 100% all natural vegan gummies, and relaxing bath salts. Here are some of our most popular sellers:
Delta 9 Gummies
Our fruity Delta 9 gummies use the THC compound for a potent, high-level psychoactive effect. These star-shaped, natural fruit-flavored edibles can not only improve and stabilize your mood but have medical benefits too. Delta 9 has been the subject of multiple medical studies to understand its healing properties better. Gummies (edibles) are the most popular option when seeking CBD or THC products. We recommend this product for those who:
- Have experience consuming thc gummies
- Those who prefer a different taste in comparison to natural CBD
- Want a quick and easy way to consume their CBD products
Some benefits of delta nine gummies include:
- It helps to relieve joint, muscle pain, and tension to invoke relaxation
- Anti-inflammatory agent
- Improve and stabilize mood
Delta 9 gummies are convenient and one of the most effective ways to receive the full range of benefits from the THC compound. The euphoric qualities and great taste are helpful for anyone looking for a way to unwind after a long day or someone who finds them more convenient to consume.
The multitude of CBD oils means you will almost certainly find one that works with what you're looking for from hemp companies near you. As mentioned earlier in this guide, CBD oils will follow the full spectrum CBD, broad-spectrum CBD, or an isolate. When the CBD is extracted and made into oil, it may also introduce other carrier oils such as:
- Hemp Seed Oil
- Coconut Oil
- Palm Oil
These carrier oils are necessary for creating a water-soluble product that is easier to digest. "One key reason for using a carrier oil is that it improves bioavailability, which means it helps your body absorb CBD oil," similarly to other dietary supplements. The different types of cbd oil will vary on whether they are full spectrum or broad spectrum CBD.
Minor Cannabinoid Blends
Minor cannabinoids such as CBG or CBC are just a few minor cannabinoid compounds that are found in less concentration. In tandem with main strains, minor cannabinoid blends can be highly beneficial for reducing pain and inflammation and positively affect your mood.
Our minor cannabinoid blends, such as CBDa Full Spectrum Tincture, combine these variations for the ultimate peak in wellness. Although there will be fewer amounts of minor cannabinoids in each blend, we know that even with how CBD and THC interact with one another chemically, that changes the psychoactive effects. These unique blends will have a full range of effects when together.
KC Hemp Co blends consist of three minor blends in all of our tinctures.
- CBDa - Also known as Cannabidiolic, CBDa, although a lesser known cannabinoid, can have healing properties for anxiety, nausea, and cardiovascular conditions.
- CBG - Also known as cannabigerol, CBG is non-psychoactive, so it will not affect your mind like THC. It is known to have many medical benefits, including aiding in reducing inflammation and healthier skin, and can relieve anxiety symptoms.
- CBN - Also known as cannabinol, this compound features mildly psychoactive properties with sedative effects. It can be used for sleep and insomnia and may support the immune system.
Our products include:
- Clarity - Full spectrum CBDa oil has anti-anxiety and anti-nausea properties for a potentially calming effect against anxiety disorders.
- Serenity - CBN full spectrum tincture is non-intoxicating, with pain-reducing and relaxation properties.
- Vitality - CBG binds to receptor cannabinoid receptors in our bodies, working to neurotransmit to increase positive reactions to the mood by reducing stress, regulating appetite, and being an anti-inflammatory.
Minor cannabinoids are a great option for those who want to try something new or are curious about this blend's benefits.
While full spectrum and broad spectrum CBD products utilize a smaller portion of the CBD compound, this product isolates pure cannabidiol. There will be no additives other than CBD to receive the full benefits. Pure CBD Isolate powder offers 99% of CBD extract without THC. Here are some things to note:
- CBD isolates come in a powdery or crystalline form and consistency
- Flavor-free and can be added to various items or ingredients to fit into an everyday consumption
- No possible trace of THC in your system
- Provide health benefits similar to other CBD products
CBD isolates can also be consumed in the form of gummies. Our 100% vegan CBD gummies contain 25mg of CBD, with each package containing ten gummies. These are an excellent alternative for those who prefer gummies to other products. Gummies are also versatile–they can be taken in halves or doubled up during the day, depending on your tolerance.
The Effects & Benefits of CBD
In popular news dating back over a decade ago, cannabis and cannabis products were a topic of interest for managing seizures, especially in children. "CBD has been touted for a wide variety of health issues, but the strongest scientific evidence is for its effectiveness in treating some of the cruelest childhood epilepsy syndromes, such as Dravet syndrome and Lennox-Gastaut syndrome (LGS), which typically don't respond to anti-seizure medications."
This revolution created a cyclone of questions. For instance, many people asked how it could be possible to cure severe seizures with CBD oil. Or if it is even ethical to use CBD products on children. Several studies later, science does suggest the many benefits and side-effects of products containing CBD. As more reports and information becomes available, it will further support the wellness aspects of consumption.
Taking into account what we already know about CBD, there is evidence to suggest that products like CBD isolate may provide you with these benefits:
- Wellness products containing extracts of the cannabinoid plant have been known to be a pain reliever—so much so that there are several topical treatments and products such as roll-on oils and body creams. Research suggests that these products can effectively relieve chronic pain symptoms, especially when the CBD product combines THC as an active ingredient.
- As an inflammatory drug, CBD products have been known to minimize the common symptoms associated with arthritis and joint pain, such as swelling, pain, and joint stiffness. When testing the effects, it was found that a product containing Sativa, a type of strain from the cannabis plant, had "significantly improved participants' pain during movement, pain at rest, and quality of sleep." The products will be beneficial to various people with these conditions and symptoms.
- Neuropathic pain stems from damage to the nervous system, such as spinal injuries or nerve damage. The pain is described as a "burning" or "pins and needles" effect on the skin or muscles. CBD oils have been used to improve and reduce the stabbing pain of those with multiple sclerosis or diabetes.
With the persistence and prominence of research to uncover the beneficial properties of cannabinoid products, more analysis in the future can provide answers to these questions.
Finding the Right Product For You
To find the best CBD products for you, be sure to research all products you’re considering before you invest heavily in them. For example, if you are looking to avoid the feeling of getting high, you will want to avoid products that contain THC. Our website offers many educational resources and information to help you find what you're looking for.
Finding the right forms of CBD can feel daunting at first. Are you seeking hemp companies near you? Here at KC Hemp Co.®, we only utilize the highest-quality products in dedication to bettering the medical marijuana industry. The best CBD store near you might be closer than you think!